Our services in the field of patents include patent application drafting, prior art searches, patent prosecution, IP strategy analysis, and Opinions relating to due diligence, patentability, and freedom-to-operate. When appropriate, we assist clients in obtaining expedited examination or patent term extensions in relevant jurisdictions.
Dr. Susan Lifshitz has extensive education in life science and related disciplines and patent experience in a variety of life science - related disciplines.
Susan has personally prosecuted thousands of patent applications in the Israel Patent Office on behalf of major international companies, particularly in the fields of biotechnology and chemistry. She knows many of the patent Examiners personally as a result of personal interviews with them on behalf of clients.
IP-Israel's goal is to achieve effective patent protection for our clients at a reasonable cost through well-orchestrated, efficient drafting and prosecution.
Stages in a patent application
- Define your invention.
- Write up a preliminary draft and drawings.
- Bring to patent attorney.
- File US provisional/Israel patent application within 1-4 weeks.
- Determine whether invention is complete/needs further development.
Fast-Track USA (USPTO) - if invention has been completed
- Prepare US utility patent application.
- Request expedited examination based on:
- Age of inventor (over 65 - free)
- Health (if ill - free)
- Green technology patent applications
- Patents 4 Patients
- Track One Prioritized Examination Puts Your Innovation in the Fast Lane - fee US$2000 (small entity, US$1000, micro-entity)
- Patent Prosecution Highway (PPH) (if you have a patent in another country)
Fast-Track Israel - if invention has been completed
- Patent Prosecution Highway (PPH)
- Immediate examination (if infringement is suspected)
- Green patents
- Age or health
Fast-Track Patents in Great Britain (UK)